[R] can't get/find or install R.dll?

dartdog tombrander at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 23:50:28 CET 2010

Just installed a 1st time use of R on a win vista 64 box (4gigram) but
asked for the 32 bit version.. I plan to use via Rpy and or Rpy2
installation is via "R-2.12.0-win.exe"
got the following when trying to test...

    raise RuntimeError("Unable to locate R.dll within %s" % R_HOME)
RuntimeError: Unable to locate R.dll within C:\PROGRA~1\R\R-212~1.0

Sure 'nuff when I go the the R/R-212~1.0 directory there are no dll's

The GUI for R seems to run fine...

But without the DLL no Rpy for me :-(

I asked for 32 bit install due to Rpy and Python being 32 bit

Yes I did try another install cycle with no change...