[R] filling a vector with a tapply function applied to another vector

albechan alberto.casetta at satt.biz
Fri Nov 12 10:49:17 CET 2010

The first column has 331 rows, the number of factors in the second column is
20 repeated in order to have 331 rows too. What I need is to reapeat in the
third column each of the 20 results derived from
tapply(firstcolumn,secondcolumn,mean) as many times as each factor appears
in the second column. So I'll have 331 values in the third column as well.
I hope it's clear enough what I need to do.