[R] How to permanently remove [Previously saved workspace restored]

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 11:00:19 CET 2010

Hi folks,

Tks for your advice.

Summing up all your advice I performed following steps without success.

1)
> rm (list = ls( ))
> q()
save working image

2)
> rm (list = ls(all=TRUE))
> q()
save working image

3)
> getwd()
[1] "C:/Users/satimis"
.Rhistory

> list.files(path="C:\Users\satimis", all.files = FALSE)
Error: '\U' used without hex digits in character string starting "C:\U"

> list.files(path="C:\Users\satimis", all.files = TRUE)
Error: '\U' used without hex digits in character string starting "C:\U"

-> Windows Explorer
delete .Rhistory manually

Start R
[Previously saved workspace restored]