[R] Problem on update

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Nov 14 16:02:00 CET 2010

On 14.11.2010 15:34, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Win7 64 bit
> R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
>

> Ran R as admin
>
>> update.packages(ask='graphics')
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---

Here you selected a CRAN mirror. Fine.

> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows64/contrib/2.11

Actually this thing is the CRAN extras repository maintained by Broan
Ripley which does not have any mirrors. R-2.11.x in 64-bit was the very
first and interim 64-bit solution under Windows. With the release of
R-2.12.0 we stopped supporting the 64-bit version of R-2.11.x since we
can handle 64-bit much easier now. So please upgrade to R-2.12.x which
will probably have the usual support again.

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges