[R] Version 2.12.0 exe file

P Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Mon Nov 15 11:10:41 CET 2010

Morris Anglin wrote:
> I have R version 2.9.1 on my computer and the anlaysis is not working
> because I need to update to R version 2.12.0 the latest release.
>
> The person incharge of IT tried to download R version 2.12.0  but .exe file referenced in install isn't
> there -    What might we be doing wrong?  We have downloaded as tar.gz,
> uncompress then look for .exe file but not present.

(It's a good idea to state your OS.)
Anyway, assuming that you got your download from your favourite
CRAN repository, you may have missed these two sentences:

  "The sources have to be compiled before you can use them. If you do
not know what this means, you probably do not want to do it!"

Pre-compiled versions are available at CRAN.

   -Peter Ehlers