[R] Help with Hist

Steve Sidney sbsidney at mweb.co.za
Mon Nov 15 15:53:54 CET 2010

Dear list

I am trying to re-scale a histogram and using hist() but can not seem to
create a reduced scale where the upper values are not plotted.

What I have is about 100 of which 80 or so are between a value of 0 and
40 , one or two in the hundreds and an outlier around 2000.

What I would like to do is create an x-scale that shows 5 bins between
0-100 and then 3/4 bins between 100 and 2000 but I don't need any
resolution on the above 100 values.

If I use breaks c(0, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 200, 500) R gives me an error
saying that there are values not included, which of course I know but I
wish to ignore them.

It seems that I am missing something quite simple.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Steve