[R] RE : Sweave: Conditional code chunks?

Wolfgang RAFFELSBERGER wraff at igbmc.fr
Mon Nov 15 19:12:23 CET 2010

Hi Ralf,

I first create (or not) the figure as a separate file(s) and then use conditional LaTeX to display the existing file(s) (exactely where I want it/them to appear).  This also works with png etc, but you'll have to specify the extensions. Just be careful if you change paths ...
This will give something like:

<<label=condFig1,fig=T,include=F>>=
wantToPlot <- TRUE
if(wantToPlot) {
  pdf(file="fig1.pdf")
  plot(1:10)     # watever you want to plot ...
}
@

bla .. bla .. bla .. bla ..

\ifnum \Sexpr{as.numeric(exists(fig1.pdf))}>0 {
  \begin{figure}[!h]
  \includegraphics {fig1}         %% fig1
  \label{..}
  \end{figure}
} \fi

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Raffelsberger, PhD
Laboratoire de BioInformatique et Génomique Intégratives
IGBMC,
1 rue Laurent Fries,  67404 Illkirch  Strasbourg,  France
Tel (+33) 388 65 3300         Fax (+33) 388 65 3276
wolfgang.raffelsberger  (at)  igbmc.fr