[R] How to Read a Large CSV into a Database with R

Seth Falcon seth at userprimary.net
Tue Nov 16 18:41:01 CET 2010

Hi Abhijit,

[I've cc'd R-help to keep the discussion on the list]

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Abhijit Dasgupta
<adasgupta at araastat.com> wrote:
> Seth,
>
> I was looking for something like this too. I've a question. If
> you're reading the data from a connection, does R start reading the
> next chunk of data right after the previous chunk, or do we need to
> keep track of things using "skip"

The purpose of using a file connection is to allow R to keep its place
in the file as it reads and not have to re-read or skip.  This is
considerably more efficient.

--
Seth Falcon | @sfalcon | http://userprimary.net/