[R] Anyone can help with this question

Jonathan P Daily jdaily at usgs.gov
Tue Nov 16 20:34:27 CET 2010

assuming your data takes the form of

location        latitude        longitude
string  num     num
string2 num     num

try:

sub <- dat[sample.int(length(dat$location), 1000),]
--------------------------------------
Jonathan P. Daily
Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
11649 Leetown Road
Kearneysville WV, 25430
(304) 724-4480
"Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
 the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
     - Jubal Early, Firefly

r-help-bounces at r-project.org wrote on 11/16/2010 12:13:57 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> [R] Anyone can help with this question
>
> Mariana
>
> to:
>
> r-help
>
> 11/16/2010 02:22 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> r-help-bounces at r-project.org
>

> Hi there:
> I am a total beginner in R, and I have a simple question:
> I have a table with thousands of lines that represent locations, and two
> columns: latitude and longitude. I need to randomly sample 1000 lines.
How