[R] help using function merge_all()

arjun gopala at mail.gvsu.edu
Tue Nov 16 20:36:39 CET 2010

Hi Josh,
              Thanks for your reply.

              While I am loading the package, it says package plyr is
required and I tried to install plyr package but I am unable to do so
because it is giving an error message as shown below.

Please help me.

library(reshape)
Error: package 'plyr' could not be loaded
In addition: Warning message:
In library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc =
lib.loc) :
  there is no package called 'plyr'

> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
trying URL 'http://cran.mtu.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.11/plyr_1.1.zip'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
  cannot open URL
'http://cran.mtu.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.11/plyr_1.1.zip'
In addition: Warning message:
In download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
  cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,  :
  download of package 'plyr' failed