[R] Help fitting spatial glmm with correlated random effects

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 00:51:38 CET 2010

Elijah DePalma <edepa001 <at> ucr.edu> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> May you please suggest a package or function to use for fitting a GLMM
> (generalized linear mixed model) with spatially correlated random effects?
>
> Thank you,
> Elijah DePalma

  Not easy, and I hope you have a lot of data.
  Your choices are (1) glmmPQL in the MASS package (may be
biased if your data are 'very' discrete, e.g. small expected numbers
of counts); (2) various GEE packages (geepack, geese?); (3) geoRglm.
I would suggest Zuur et al's book as a reference.
  Further questions should probably go to r-sig-mixed-models list.

  Ben Bolker