[R] Population abundance, change point

vito.muggeo vito.muggeo at unipa.it
Wed Nov 17 10:38:21 CET 2010

dear Nick,
I do not know your data, however it seems to me that the pattern of relative abundance
of salamanders should not exhibit a sudden change, but rather a gradual change.

If this is the case, have a look to the segmented package and references therin. In
particular have a look to the relevant Rnews paper

Segmented: an R package to fit regression models with broken-line relationships. R News,
8, 1: 20-25

at http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2008-1.pdf

Hope this helps you,
best,
vito

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:30:49 -0500, Nicholas M. Caruso wrote