[R] Playwith-problem with loading

Fencl, Martin Martin.Fencl at eawag.ch
Fri Nov 19 11:04:26 CET 2010

At the end it seems to be that the failure of R is not connected with instaling GTK+, because it occures after loading playwith library no matter if I confirm the GTK+ installation or not.  In fact it does not fail imediatelly you can even continue to input commands to the comand line but it fails after scolling left e.g. to see some longer expression.

The error message looks like this: "R for Windowa GUI front-end has encountered a problem and needs to close...."

The details of error are specified like this: "AppName: rgui.exe	 AppVer: 2.120.53317.0	 ModName: msvcrt.dll  ModVer: 7.0.2600.5512	 Offset: 00037fd4"

If I confirm the instalation of GTK+ after calling the library playwith it the instalation proceed ("the GTK2-Runtime" with banch of dll files occures on disk) but I cannot say if it is really completed  succesfuly.

After running the R again and calling the playwith library the same problem occurs no matter if there is GTK+ installed or not.

Thanks,
Martin