[R] Changing the Significance Level in R for Hypothesis Tests and Regression Analysis

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 18:06:11 CET 2010

I may be missing something, but the results of lm just give you a
p-value and then you are in charge of setting a significance level.
And as for hypothesis testing- like t-tests you are also in charge of
the significance level.  Am I missing something?

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Daniel Carawan <carawandr at vcu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been unable to find how to go about changing the significance level
> in R for hypothesis testing and regression analysis. R has a default setting
> to alpha=95% (a significance level of 95%), but I want to be able to
> decrease or increase this level when necessary. If you could give me
> instructions on how to change the significance level in R for hypothesis
> testing and regression analysis I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Daniel Carawan
> Master's of Environmental Studies '12
> (804) 263-3116

Stephen Sefick
____________________________________
| Auburn University                                   |
| Department of Biological Sciences           |
| 331 Funchess Hall                                  |
| Auburn, Alabama                                   |
| 36849                                                    |
|___________________________________|
| sas0025 at auburn.edu                             |
| http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025             |

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal science."

                              -Robert Gentleman