[R] plot(x,y xlab=NULL,ylab=NULL) but labels still visible.

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 16:38:21 CET 2010

On Nov 21, 2010, at 10:21 AM, madr wrote:

> Labels are still present on graph render, their names are x and y
> that is the
> same as I used on the variables to supply data for chart. How to get
> rid of
> them.

The term "labels" as used in functions is different than the graphical
objects affected by xlab and ylab. Those are really "titles"

?title

?plot.default  # which you should have consulted while you were using
the help(plot) information.

Use one of "axes", "xaxt" or "yaxt" To indicate both or which axis to
suppress.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT