[R] How to produce glm graph

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Sun Nov 21 19:49:59 CET 2010

As others have noted, you can use predict() to get the fitted values
and then plot them 'manually' using basic plotting functions in R.

However, you will probably find it easier to use the effects package,
which is designed for exactly this task. e.g.,

install.packages("effects")  # if necessary
library(effects)
mod.cowles <- glm(volunteer ~ sex + neuroticism*extraversion,
     data=Cowles, family=binomial)
eff.cowles <- allEffects(mod.cowles, xlevels=list(neuroticism=0:24,
     extraversion=seq(0, 24, 6)), given.values=c(sexmale=0.5))
eff.cowles

In addition, you may find things simpler if you use poly(NEdist,2)
rather than NEdist+I(NEdist^2), but effects should be able to handle
either.

HTH
-Michael