[R] RCurl : All connection are used ?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:13:55 CET 2010

I guess I would just comment that for many tasks I try
to keep the work in dedicated tools. In this case, command
line versions of curl or even wget. The reason is things
like this that come up talking to foreign entitites.
Also the learning curve can be amortized over many other
efforts that require same file transfers etc.
I just mention this for rebuttals from R experts.