[R] R package "kernlab" can not be properly loaded

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Nov 22 22:45:21 CET 2010

On 22.11.2010 21:55, Xiaoqi Cui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to load the package "kernlab" under R-v11 and R-v10, however it gave error message:
>
> Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
>    shared library 'kernlab' not found
> In addition: Warning message:
> package 'kernlab' was built under R version 2.12.0
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'kernlab'
>
> Has anybody loaded this successfully before? Thanks,

Yes, if it was built for R-2.11.x we were using R-2.11.x.

I guess you are under Windows (unstated) where some infrastructure was
changed form R-2.11.x to R-2.12.x and packages compiled for the latter
won't work foer the former.

hcen please run

install.packages("kernlab") in order to get a version that fits to your
R or even better upgrade your version of R.

Uwe Ligges