[R] scan function

Martin Knapp mkna005 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Wed Nov 24 00:01:15 CET 2010

Hi,
I'm using R2.8.1 in windows vista and the scan function to load in my
data. That works all fine except that I get a message after the scan
function finishes. It tells me how many items the function has read.
For example "Read 202035 items". That would not be a problem but this
is printed in the stderr stream which causes a problem in a different
software I run the r scipt in. I have no way to influence this other
software. Any suggestions how to avoid  this message getting printed.
I tried optionsoptions(warn=-1) which obviously dos not work because
it is not a warning but options(show.error.messages=F) does not work
either.

Thanks for your help

Christoph