[R] Difficulty loading packages into R version 2.12.0

john moran john.moran at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Nov 24 04:24:26 CET 2010

Apologies for my previous effort in HTML which apparently was scrubbed

Dear R-users

I wonder if I could get advice on the above problem

I have just installed V 2.12.0 (I chose only the 32-bit version) into a new
directory (C:/R)  on a 64bit Windows 7 machine

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)
locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252
attached base packages:
[1] tools_2.12.0

I have loaded (from a zip file in my repository, due to an Institutional
fire-wall) the package "forecast":
> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'forecast' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

I get the following message when attempting to load the package:

> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available =
TRUE)),graphics=TRUE)
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error: package 'forecast' is not installed for 'arch=i386'

There has been a similar query (November 11th ) on this, but I seem to not
have the suggested problem as:
> .libPaths()
[1] "C:/R/R-2.12.0/library" and "forecast" is in the above directory (and no
other)

Directions on this problem would be much appreciated

john moran

john.moran at adelaide.edu.au