[R] looking for the RMySQL package for R 2.12.0 under XP

PtitBleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 25 13:33:24 CET 2010

Thank you for all your answers.

I've looked at RODBC but it seems that you have to declare the database with
the administration tools before using it . With RMySQL, you can do it
directly in the R-script which is very convenient for me as I regularly
treat new databases.

For those who already used rtool :
- are the administration rights are requested (to install or/and to use it)
?
- after the installation, install.packages('RMySQL',type='source') is the
only things to do or more skills in computer are needed ?

I will have a look at the R-sig-DB list if I can't do it alone.

Again thanks for your help and advices.
Ptit Bleu