[R] Lifting Wavelet Transform

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 25 14:40:16 CET 2010

( I'm top posting for clarity, hotmail decided not to ">" original
text and I'm not going to even try to outguess it LOL)

I have a non-definitive negative answer : I found two
packages but it isn't obvious either expose anything
related to lifting. I haven't worked with these lately
and so not sure I missed obvious synonyms etc.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/wavelets/index.html

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/waveslim/index.html

and normally I would have documentation available for grepping for
various terms but quick scan of pdf didn't show anything related
to lifting. AFAIK, the wavelet designs are limited to fixed types/lengths
and there is no explicit method for deriving new ones and the WT impl
is not obvious on a quick read but looks like filters just take coefs
and time series and output mra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifting_scheme

The Daubechies Sweldens paper seems to be available
online etc.