[R] Array help

bfhancock brianfhancock at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 03:36:12 CET 2010

Hi! I am learning R and have a question that is probably fairly simple for
those of you much more learned than I.

I am messing with Arrays and am doing some simple stuff to get the hang of
them.  I will have a seperate array already pulled up and it will have
columns and rows.  I figured out that I can seperate these out with commands
like "array_name"[,1,1].  Now, I have an array where I want to make a single
array from a two ranges in the original array.  from 1:7 and 12:34.  I know
if i just did it with 1:7 it is just "array_name"[1:7,,] and that is it.
But i wanted 12:34 in there as well. I assumed at first that it would just
be "array_name"[1:7 & 12:34,,] but was wrong.  Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks so much!

-B