[R] Significance of the difference between two correlation coefficients

syrvn mentor_ at gmx.net
Mon Nov 29 16:30:51 CET 2010

Hi,

based on the sample size I want to calculate whether to correlation
coefficients are significantly different or not. I know that as a first step
both coefficients
have to be converted to z values using fisher's z transformation. I have
done this already but I dont know how to further proceed from there.

unlike for correlation coefficients I know that the difference for z values
is mathematically defined but I do not know how to incorporate the sample
size.

I found a couple of websites that provide that service but since I have huge
data sets I need to automate this procedure.

(http://faculty.vassar.edu/lowry/rdiff.html)

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
syrvn