[R] maximum likelihood problem

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Fri Oct 1 23:10:29 CEST 2010

Do you want to do a nonlinear least-squares estimation (which is MLE if the
errors are Gaussian)?

If so, you have to define a function that takes the parameter (k) and data
matrix (LR, T, LM), as arguments, and returns a scalar, which is the
residual sum of squares.  Then you can optimize (minimize) that function.

Ravi.