[R] tyring to save plots using windoze 7 and cygwin

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 3 00:43:00 CEST 2010

Hi,
I'd been using R in the past and recently installed it on a new windoze 7 machine.
There have been many issues with compatibility and 32/64 bit apps etc and I did
find on google on isolated complaint that saveplot failed in scripts a long time ago.
R seems to work fine except script-based plot saving as pdf has not worked.
I have tried the following, none of which seem to function,

xyz <-read.table("time_frac2")
x=plot(xyz,main="imp rate", xlab="Time(GMT)",ylab="imp/minute")
grid()

dev2bitmap("xxx.pdf",type="pdfwrite")
save.plot(x,file="xxx.pdf",format="pdf")
dev.copy("pdf","auto_pdf.pdf")
dev.off()
savePlot("./auto_hit_rate.pdf",type="pdf")

q()

Now apparently R does save the plot in a default file Rplots.pdf which is
just fine for my immediate needs but this may have limitations for future
usages.

Just curious to know what other may have gotten to work or not work.
Thanks.

Mike Marchywka | V.P. Technology

415-264-8477
marchywka at phluant.com

Online Advertising and Analytics for Mobile
http://www.phluant.com