[R] How to iterate through different arguments?

lord12 trexinsd at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 22:29:51 CEST 2010

If I have a model line = lm(y~x1) and I want to use a for loop to change the
number of explanatory variables, how would I do this?

So for example I want to store the model objects in a list.

model1 = lm(y~x1)
model2 = lm(y~x1+x2)
model3 = lm(y~x1+x2+x3)
model4 = lm(y~x1+x2+x3+x4)
model5 = lm(y~x1+x2+x3+x4+x5)...
model10.

model_function = function(x){
for(i in 1:x) {
}
If x =1, then the list will only add model1. If x =2, then the list will add
both model1 and model2. If x=3, then the list will add model1 model 2 and
model3 and so on. How do I translate this into code?