[R] Issues loading rtiff 1.4.1 with R 2.6.2 on Windows

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Sun Oct 3 23:41:33 CEST 2010

I used rtiff and found a potential problem, which is not strictly
rtiff's fault.  The more-or-less standard out there is that tiff data
should be 8-bits.  I needed to be able to read the full 16-bit pixel
values from images taken in my lab.  After some hacking, I wrote a
script which pulled the parameters of interest out of the header (like
number of rows and columns), then read the data section out.

Perversity being what it is, I don't have a copy of the function where I
am right now, but if you would like a copy, please drop me an email.

Carl