[R] Roxygen not truncating files

Ken Williams ken.williams at thomsonreuters.com
Mon Oct 4 20:29:44 CEST 2010

I'm trying to use Roxygen for the first time, but I'm running into trouble.
I call it like so:

  roxygenize('~/p4/r-packages/IREval', '~/p4/r-packages/IREval',
             unlink.target=T)

But it seems that it's only appending to files in
~/p4/r-packages/IREval/man/, not overwriting them.  So for example, for a
function that I haven't documented yet I get a long file with just the
following 4 lines over and over, as many times as I've called roxygenize():

% head -n12 man/adddots.pr.Rd
\name{adddots.pr}
\alias{adddots.pr}
\title{adddots.pr}
\usage{adddots.pr(pr)}
\name{adddots.pr}
\alias{adddots.pr}
\title{adddots.pr}
\usage{adddots.pr(pr)}
\name{adddots.pr}
\alias{adddots.pr}
\title{adddots.pr}
\usage{adddots.pr(pr)}

I also get the same behavior for the DESCRIPTION file.

Is this a known gotcha that someone's found a workaround for, maybe?

--
Ken Williams
Sr. Research Scientist
ken.williams at thomsonreuters.com