[R] R editor in ubuntu!

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 5 15:57:52 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 06:52:53AM -0700, Mehdi Zarrei wrote:
> I am looking for an editor to be able to execute commands into R in Linux ubuntu. Is there any suggestion?

1.  See R FAQ, Section 6 at http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#R-and-Emacs
    and do 'apt-get install emacs23 ess'

2.  If Emacs isn't to your liking, try 'apt-get install kate' as one of the many alternates.

3.  There is a dedicated list 'r-sig-debian' for Debian/Ubuntu. Subscribe, and post follow-ups there.

Dirk