[R] problems installing R (Matteo)

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 5 23:18:51 CEST 2010

If you are refering to the file GRASS_0.3-9.tar.gz which
you may have downloaded from a CRAN archive, then you normally
do not need to decompress and untar it.  Type

R CMD INSTALL GRASS_0.3-9.tar.gz

at the command line (with the working directory set to where
you've downloaded the file.)

Even better, from inside R, type

install.packages("GRASS")

to install the package.