[R] Linear Integration

alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 13:21:22 CEST 2010

I would like to thank you for your reply.
Yes I had this conversation of how to find the cells that are touched.

I did that with these two lines:
temp<-(floor(cbind(seq(x[1],xr[1],by=0.01),lineeq(x,xr)))) #.
cellid2 <-unique( floor(cbind(seq(x[1],xr[1], by=0.01), lineeq(x,xr)) ) ) #
cell ids that are touched

You can find in the picture below how the cells look like for a line that
spans from (2,11) to (3,8)

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9914/lineu.jpg

In the picture attached you can see that there are some points missing
denoted by * which I do not know how to find out. I need them to find the
proportion a line gets into each cell.
You mentioned something like "densified vertices of the line" but I am not
sure what does it mean.

In the picture are depicted the areas that I need to calculate somehow. Of
course the easiest way would be to use some already implemented function
which does not seem to exist.

I would like to thank everyone that contributed to this so far.
Best Regards
Alex