[R] Mapping the coordinates!

Johannes Huesing johannes at huesing.name
Sun Oct 10 06:50:05 CEST 2010

Mehdi Zarrei <gagzarrei at yahoo.com> [Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 06:11:23AM CEST]:

> Hello,
>

> I have a series of coordinates
> (latitudes and longitudes) each one/several associated to a code
> (from 1 to 28). I used function points (latitude, longitudes) to
> transfer them to a per-prepared map.
>

> 1- I wonder how  I might be able to
> automatically add codes (1-28) to the map too?

Type ?text at the R prompt.

> 2-Moreover,  mostly there are a few
> codes from the identical coordinates. What is the function to avoid
> overlapping of codes on the map?

jitter() adds some noise, I don't know of this is sufficient for you.

> 3- I want to draw closed line around
> some geographical areas to define the habitats.

If you search for "convex hull" in rseek.org, you may find something
relevant for you. I did this and the third result was

http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/RGraphGallery.php?graph=61

--
Johannes Hüsing               There is something fascinating about science.
                              One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture