[R] How to get Mean rank for Kruskal-Wallis Test

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 17:11:49 CEST 2010

On Oct 11, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Lawrence wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I want "Ranks' Table in R as like in SPSS ouput in the given link.
>
> http://www.statisticssolutions.com/methods-chapter/statistical-tests/kruskal-wallis-test/
>
> Is the code is already available? Please let me know.

Yes. All code is available:

??"Kruskal Wallis"
methods(kruskal.test)
getAnywhere(kruskal.test.default)

If you want to extract the table, then looking at the bottom of that
function, you see that the variables r, g,and x have been created and
you would need to modify that code and substitute the returned table
you desire. The table might be a bit more complicated than that
simplistic offering since ties need to be properly accounted for if
you intend to replicate the results "by hand".

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT