[R] R Profiling

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Oct 12 14:14:08 CEST 2010

On Oct 12, 2010, at 7:04 AM, Lorenzo Isella wrote:

> Dear All,
> I need to do some very basic R profiling, something along the lines
> of: run this whole script five times and return the average
> completion time.
> I do not want (at this stage) delve into the details of the
> percentage of the time spent in which function and doing what.
> Which tools should I use?

There are 3 packages (compliled for my version anyway) on CRAN whose
titles contain "benchmark". I have experience using the "rbenchmark"
package which has a very simple syntax and would definitely meet your
minimal requirements. From reading postings on r-devel but no direct
experience, I suspect the "benchmark" package may be more full-featured.

--
David.
> Any recommendation is welcome.
> Best Regards