[R] Using NLS with a Kappa function

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 04:55:11 CEST 2010

Hi Ezra,

I'm not any sort of expert on this but my own attempts to get nls to
fit functions similar in form to your kappa equation have usually
provoked the same error messages.

It might be worth log transforming your dependent variable and trying
to fit this:

 -log(h) * ( -log(k) * log(1 - h * ( 1 - k *(x-z)/a))  )

Michael