[R] Data Gaps

dpender d.pender at civil.gla.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 10:24:42 CEST 2010

R community,

I am trying to write a code that fills in data gaps in a time series.  I
have no R or statistics background at all but the use of R is proving to be
a large portion of my PhD research.

So far my code identifies where and the number of new entries required but I
do not know how to add additional rows or columns into an array.  Any advice
on how this can be done?

Here is an example:

H [0.88 0.72 0.89 0.93 1.23 0.86]
T [7.14 7.14 7.49 8.14 7.14 7.32]
O [0 0 0 2 0 0]

This says that in order to complete the data set 2 entries are required
prior to H[4] and T[4] i.e. where O = 2.

Thanks,

Doug