[R] R and Oracle

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Oct 14 14:02:10 CEST 2010

On Oct 14, 2010, at 12:45 AM, siddharth.garg85 at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can someone please help me with connecting to oracle via R. I have been trying to use ROracle but its giving me a lot of trouble because of pro*c.
>
> Thanks&Regards
> Siddharth

You have not provided sufficient information (OS, error messages, what you have done so far, etc.) to enable us to help you. Review the Posting Guide:

To start, be sure to read:

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ROracle/INSTALL

I would also recommend searching the list archives, using one of the R search tools such as:

  http://www.rseek.org/

using "ROracle" as a keyword.

Depending upon your platform, you may wish to consider using the RODBC package instead, which I have used on Linux and OSX to connect to Oracle servers.

Finally, there is the R-SIG-DB list, which is focused on R and database connectivity/usage. More information is here: