[R] Set value if else...

Joel joda2457 at student.uu.se
Fri Oct 15 10:16:14 CEST 2010

Hi

I want to set a variable to either 1 or 0 depending on an value of a
dataframe and then add this as a colum to the dataframe.

This could be done with a loop but as we are able to do questions on a
complete row or colum without a loop it would be sweet if it could be done.

for example:

table:

Name  Age
Joel     24
agust   17
maja    40
and so on...

And what I want to do is a command that gives me
VoteRight<-1 if table$age>18 else set VoteRight to 0

Then use cbind or something to add it to the table.

so i get
Name  Age  VoteRight
Joel     24    1
agust   17    0
maja    40    1

And as I said before im guessing this can be done without a loop...

//Joel