[R] Random assignment

John Haart another83 at me.com
Fri Oct 15 11:22:00 CEST 2010

Dear List,

I am doing some simulation in R and need basic help!

I have a list of animal families for which i know the number of species in each family.

I am working under the assumption that a species has a 7.48% chance of being at risk.

I want to simulate the number of species expected to be at risk under a random binomial distribution with 10,000 randomizations.

I am relatively knew to this field and would greatly appreciate a "idiot-proof" response, I.e how should the data be entered into R? I was thinking of using read.table, header = T, where the table has F = Family Name, and SP = Number of species in that family?

John