[R] delete data row

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 02:45:28 CEST 2010

Jim and David,

I certainly agree with your suggestions.  How would you implement
all.equal()?  Since it compares entire objects (and the OP's goal is
to remove any rows that equal some value), the only option I saw was
to use *apply or a loop.  zapsmall() is easier, (though it seems
potentially slow if the data frame is very large). A toy example with
some attempts I made follow:

x <- c(1, 2, 3, 5, 2, 3, 1)
y <- 2

# Using calling all.equal on each element of x
x[-which(as.logical(sapply(x, all.equal, current = y)))]
# A crude introduction of tolerance
x[-which(x <= y + .00001 & x >= y - .00001)]
# Using zapsmall
x[-which(zapsmall(x) == zapsmall(y))]

Cheers,

Josh