[R] how to convert string to object?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 22:43:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

Wu Gong and Jim Holtman gave you options that should work, but I
suspect there is a way to circumvent the entire issue if we knew more
about your context and goals.  Of course pasting together calls and
then evaluating them is always an option, but there may be a simpler
way.  This is all summarized nicely:

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 1:31 PM, jim holtman <jholtman at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> What is the problem that you are trying to solve?

Cheers,

Josh

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM, lord12 <trexinsd at yahoo.com> wrote:

> temp = "~aparch("
> temp1 = paste(temp,1, sep = "")
> temp2 = paste(temp1,1, sep = ",")
> temp3 = paste(temp2, ")",sep = "")
>
> temp 3 is a character but I want to convert to formula object. How do I do
> this?
> --

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology