[R] Sine function fitting

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 18:34:55 CEST 2010

> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:46:14 -0700
> From: ashz at walla.co.il
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: [R] Sine function fitting
>

> Hi,
>
> Is there a package to perform a sine function fitting to XY data?

Since no one replied AFAIK, are you asking about  FFT or something else?
It isn't really clear if you have 2D data or Y as a function of X.
I suppose that given some objective and a set of data, you could minimize
some error metric to fit your not-exactly-sinusoidal samples. You could
just peak-detect FFT as one approach and then you get a detailed
error analysis ( the spectrum).