[R] package vars doesn´t working

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Tue Oct 19 10:27:34 CEST 2010

Dear Claudio,

hard to tell without further information, but I reckon that you:

1) have a secondary library in use
2) have installed the packages 'vars' **and** 'MASS' installed into this secondary library

If so, remove the package 'MASS' from this secondary library (it's shipped in the standard library in your R installation already). Hint: check whether you have installed other recommended packages into your secondary library and if so, remove these, too. Otherwise you migt encounter the same problem with packages that do depend on the ones that are already shipped in the primary library of your R installation.

This all is just a guess, because you have not provided enough information to diagnose further.

Best,
Bernhard