[R] Chron object in time series plot

Manta mantino84 at libero.it
Tue Oct 19 18:19:24 CEST 2010

David Winsemius wrote:

> You seen to be under the mistaken impression that the internal
> representation of DateTime classes of 08:00 would be 80000. Since the
> internal representation of time is in seconds, the even number hours
> would be at integer multiples of 60*60. In addition the conversion of
> numeric to string in this situation may present some need to check for
> missing leading "0"'s. You ether need to describe the data situation
> more completely or adjust your expectations (or both).
>
> ?as.POSIXct
> ?strptime
>
> --
> David.

Thanks for the quick reply David.

What I need is a simple conversion that can say 80000=08:00, 94500=09:45 and
100000=10:00 and so on.
I agree with you that the extra leading "0s" would need an extra check.

The data situation is the following: I have several thousands of
observations  each day and I want to average them out throughout bins of a
specified size (either 15 or 5 minutes). An example of the data follows,
where the first column is the time and the second represents seconds between
different events.

example.txt

070002,1
070002,0