[R] How to read only ten rows from a SAS dataset (read.ssd)?

johannes rara johannesraja at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:31:15 CEST 2010

Thanks David,

Yes, my code really works (using the foreign package), but when
handling a SAS file which contains > 500 000 rows and > 100 cols it is
not really fun anymore. My intention was do some preliminary research
from the data and the whole dataset was not needed.

After all, I could not find a possibility to get limited amount of
rows from a dataset when importing data to R.

-J