[R] superpose.polygon, panel.polygon and their colors

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Tue Oct 19 20:12:00 CEST 2010

Ottorino-Luca Pantani wrote:

> The areas I would like to have in gray, are confidence bands
>
> This link is my starting point
> http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/help/07/04/15595.html

Thanks for the code example and for all the work you already put into it!

I think this is an oversight in Deepayan's example, some collision between
... and explicitly passing col. Just remove the col from the argument list
of panel.bands

panel.bands <-  function(x, y, upper, lower,
           subscripts,  ..., font, fontface) { ### drop col
  upper <- upper[subscripts]
  lower <- lower[subscripts]
  panel.polygon(c(x, rev(x)), c(upper, rev(lower)),...)
}

xyplot(est ~ x | cond, group = grp, data = data, type = 'b',
  col="gray", .## and add it here

Dieter