[R] R 2.12.0 and JGR

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Oct 20 18:59:39 CEST 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Dennis Murphy wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Even more fun with Deducer in 2.12.0:
>
> I downloaded the JGR 64-bit executable from R-forge and installed the latest binary of the package from there a half hour ago.

The old 1.61 loader only supports R < 2.12. You'll need the new loader (1.62) for R 2.12.0 (now as jgr-1_62.exe on RForge). Also if you want to use the 64-bit version of the loader (jgr-1_62-x64.exe) then you will need the latest rJava 0.8-8 binary from RForge as well.

> When I try the JGR executable, I get the same error that Rob and Kat reported. When I try to call Deducer from within R-2.12.0 64-bit, I get
>
> > library(Deducer)
> Error in library.dynam("WinRegistry", pkgname, libname) :
>   DLL 'WinRegistry' not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?
> Error: package 'JavaGD' could not be loaded

That sounds like an old JavaGD binary without 64-bit support - make sure you install the latest JavaGD binary.

That said, Deducer crashes R when used in the 64-bit GUI so you may want to stick to JGR if you want to use 64-bit.

Cheers,
Simon