[R] Change column of numbers in data frame to days

will phillips will.phillips at q.com
Sat Oct 23 16:09:56 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have seen a few posts about changing a vector of numbers to days of the
week where the numbers are 1-7. I have a similar problem with a twist.

I have a vector of numbers ranging form 20 to 500.  The numbers represent
days since a starting point. The list is not consecutive, some numbers
skipped and some numbers duplicated.  I know day 1 was a Monday.  I want to
use this vector in a lm but I need to factor by day.  I'm wondering how to
assign "Monday" to 22,29,36,..., Tuesday to 23,30,37,... etc...

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Will