[R] .R file

Jakson A. Aquino jaksonaquino at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:04:52 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Mike Marchywka <marchywka at hotmail.com> wrote:
> You mention Notepad++, I'm still using vi under cygwin and an ancient copy of ultra edit.

People who uses vi or vim may be interested in looking at the plugin
to Vim that I'm developing. The plugin works in Windows, Linux and OS
X:

It's main features are:

  * Syntax highlighting for R syntax, including:
      - Special characters in strings.
      - Functions of all installed packages (must be updated manually).
      - Special highlighting for R output (.Rout files).
  * Smart indentation for R syntax.
  * Integrated communication with R:
      - Start/Close R.
      - Send lines, selection, paragraphs, functions, blocks, entire file.
      - Send commands with the object under cursor as argument:
        help, args, plot, print, str, summary, example, names.
      - Send to R the Sweave and pdflatex commands.
      - Run R inside a Vim's buffer (with Conque Shell plugin;
        currently available only on Unix -- Linux or OS X).
  * Omni completion (auto-completion) for R objects
    (.GlobalEnv and installed packages. The list of installed
     packages must be updated manually.
  * Ability to see R's documentation in a Vim's buffer:
      - Automatic calculation of the best layout of the R
        documentation buffer (split the window either horizontally
        or vertically according to the available room).
      - Automatic formating of the text to fit the panel width.
      - Send code and commands to R (useful to run examples).
      - Jump to another R documentation.
      - Syntax highlighting of R documentation.
  * Object browser (.GlobalEnv and loaded packages; must be updated manually):
      - Send commands with object under cursor as argument.
      - Call R's help() with object under cursor as argument.
      - Syntax highlighting of the object browser.
  * Most of the plugin's behavior is customizable.

--
Jakson Aquino
Federal University of Ceara - Brazil